Friday, February 19, 2016


                February 2016 Soap Great Cakes Soap Challenge
                                   
                                         "Winter Wonderland"


                                   
                                           "Happy Penguins"

           My idea came from the cute cartoon I watched as a child, "Chilly Willy" and after living in Alabama I realized that if the temp drops slightly the locals grab their scarves, parkas and boots. Alas, the penguin idea was born. My first attempt were natural colors, using charcoal for black body, turmeric for orange and indigo for background. But the colors didn't pop for me. So I ran out to Hobby Lobby to find a synthetic blue I found for the melt and pour soaps. I used 3" PVC pipe, cut in to my desired depth ( none really I just started cutting) Cocoa butter was used to glue the pipe down onto a parchment lined cookie sheet ( this keeps the molds inplace and from leaking on to cookie sheet)




Check Out Video:

9 comments:

  1. Those are precious! I imagine that soap was tricky to control! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soaps turned out super cute, Nanette!! I love the little happy penguins! Excellent work! What gave you the idea for your soap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Great job and wonderful control over the soap. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I loved little Chilly Willy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute. You did a great job! Very resourceful too with the cocoa butter to hold the molds - I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete